Lea Green Centre is situated in 25 acres of grounds and is surrounded by stunning open countryside on the edge of the Peak District. In close proximity to both Matlock and Matlock Bath, the Centre is available for exclusive use by large groups and makes an ideal wedding venue. Groups have the option to book either a self-catered or catered stay at the Centre.
The Centre sleeps up to 97 people across 21 bedrooms and has a range of facilities on offer for leisure bookings wanting to explore the Peak District or for business bookings in need of meeting rooms and conference spaces.
The main house (sleeps 69) has a lounge and separate visiting staff lounge, 2 large reception rooms, a catering kitchen with industrial dishwashers and a separate dining room. Accommodation includes a variety of dormitory-style rooms, separate group leader bedrooms, shared bathroom facilities and the ability to split up male and female accommodation.
There is a private flat (sleeps 15) within the main house which houses a small lounge, accessible disabled toilets, showers and a changing table.
The cottage (sleeps 13) is separate to the main house and is ideal for self-catering groups with no accessibility needs. One of the bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom, there is a shared shower and toilet, as well as a lounge area and kitchen.
Groups can access a boot room and drying room and request access to the potting shed and sports hall. There is ample parking on-site including disabled spaces.
The house is used as an outdoor education centre for most of the year, and activities can be arranged for an additional cost on request. On-site activities include ropes courses, a climbing wall and bouldering room, buggies, bushcraft and archery. Off-site activities locally include stream scrambling, canoeing, kayaking and rock climbing.
Take a look at our full list of outdoor activities here.
Matlock is around 5 miles away and offers numerous shops, restaurants and facilities, there is also a small convenience store around 1 mile away in Holloway. The Jug and Glass pub is only yards from the Centre and serves traditional ales and food. The M1 is under 10 miles away and the Centre is accessible via the A6 from Ambergate, Belper and Derby. There are regular bus services and railway stations at nearby Cromford, Whatstandwell and Ambergate.
Take a look at our ‘How to find us’ page here.
Make a booking:
You can make an online booking through our ‘contact us’ form.
You can also call our team on 01629 534561
The cost of hiring the house is £56 per person, Friday 4 pm to Sunday 4 pm (minimum charge of £2,240) for sole use occupancy. Under 5 year olds stay free. Catering options are available on request. A £2000 non-refundable deposit is required 12 weeks prior to your visit. Please contact the Centre for further information and availability.
Please note, we are unable to accommodate stag and hen groups.
- 25 acres of grounds to explore
- Main lounge area to relax and take some time out
- Large catering kitchen including a hot and cold drinks making area and industrial dishwasher
- Our beautiful panelled dining room with views out of the bay window can seat up to 80 people with more space available in other areas
- Multiple shared bathrooms with washing facilities
- Central heating throughout and during the winter months, the open fire can be lit in the lounge
- Head to our games room for an array of games, including table football, pool and table tennis
- Board games, accessible play park, indoor soft play facility, access to arts and crafts space on request, outdoor activities if booked
- Free WiFi and access to landline
- Flipcharts, screens, a TV with DVD Player, projector and white boards are available on request
- Accessible accommodation is available within a private flat in the main house as well as our on-site single level Meadow Lodge
- All bedding is provided, please bring your own towels
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Site is completely non-smoking
- There is ample parking on site including disabled spaces
- Find out about the history of Lea Green Centre here