At Lea Green we believe every child and young person should experience the outdoors as an integral part of their learning and development, complementing learning in the classroom.
Our main purpose is to help schools, youth organisations, multi-agency teams and voluntary and community groups to create successful outdoor education courses that enable children and young adults to grow and develop for the future.
Our courses help young people to make progress in all aspects of education. We work with them to develop their health and fitness, confidence, social and communication skills.
High quality outdoor education can stimulate and inspire, foster independence, aid personal and social development, and can often motivate reluctant learners.
Lea Green offers a range of environments to open the eyes of children and young adults, to show them how they can learn outside of the classroom and to re-energise their appetite to learn.
At Lea Green, we seek to:
- Set clear expectations of what each group can achieve through their outdoor learning experience
- Recognise what outdoor learning and residential experiences can achieve for each young person
- Explain the value and outcomes of outdoor learning in a way that visiting colleagues, teachers, youth workers and the wider community can understand
- Involve and listen to young people and take account of what they say
- Listen to parents / carers and take account of what they say
- Review the outcomes and celebrate young people’s achievements.